University of Lleida
University of Lleida website: available to the general public, it provides all the information about the university, its faculties and activities: http://www.udl.cat.
Intranet: The University of Lleida’s Intranet comprises several spaces that can only be accessed by users who have an assigned UdL network username, i.e. anyone belonging to any organisational unit, centre, department or governing body of the UdL.
E-mail: All members of the University of Lleida (students, lecturers and administrative staff) have an e-mail account, which they can access from outside: http://correu.udl.cat.
Virtual Campus (SAKAI platform): The Virtual Campus is a teaching support tool that enables blended learning and e-learning to be undertaken. It is also a support tool for face-to-face learning, allowing students and teachers to have at their disposal all the information needed for the subject (teaching plans, diaries, announcements, online activities and forums, among others).
Library: The University of Lleida has a Library and Documentation Service (SBD, as abbreviated in Catalan) recognised by ANECA since 2003 with a quality certificate. SBD offers a wide range of services accessible through the Library website: http://www.bib.udl.cat.
- User training.
- Laptop and USB stick lending.
- Book lending.
- Obtaining documents (SOD in Catalan).
- Bibliographic information.
- Informative leaflets.
Digital library: The University of Lleida offers users a range of documents that are available online:
- Electronic dossiers (e-dossiers): These are sets of digitalised materials that aim to provide additional support for education, teaching and research.
- Electronic magazine search engines.
- Electronic dictionaries.
- Electronic encyclopaedias.
- Doctoral theses.
- Thematic guides.
- Virtual libraries.
- Official gazettes.
- Digital document archive.
Library: This building was inaugurated in 2003 during the commemoration activities of the 700 Anniversary of the University of Lleida. It was conceived as the campus library, therefore, it contains materials in the following areas: Law, Economy, Business, Labour Studies, Computer Science, Engineering, Psychology, Pedagogy, Social Education, Teaching and Sociology. It has a surface of 4.520m2 and 509 seats.
Study rooms: The Polivalent Building or Aulari is a building to be used by all educational centres and services at university as well as by those units placed on the same Campus. There are some study rooms as well as tables and chairs in the hall with Wi-Fi connection and plugs for laptops.
|Location||Number of CPU's||Operative System|
|Building: Centre de les Cultures (room 0.02)||30||Linux (Fedora 14)|
|Building: Edifici Polivalent (1.02)||31||Linux (Fedora 14) / Windows XP|
|Building: Edifici Polivalent (1.04)||20||Linux (Fedora 14)|
Auditorium (Centre de les Cultures): The Auditorium is an emblematic space where several academic and public acts take place.
Copy centre: Placed in the Polivalent Building, it offers the following services: printing, photocopying, binding and purchasing classroom materials. Besides, teachers can leave materials for students necessary to follow lectures.
Faculty of Education, Psychology and Social Work
Gymnasium: this space of 321 m2 has learning, teaching and audiovisual materials. There are male and female changing rooms with showers and lockers next to the gymnasium.
Maria Rúbies lecture hall: this room has a capacity for 90 people and has audiovisual material and a sound system.
Six lecture rooms: these rooms have a capacity for between 50 and 90 people, all of which have the following equipment:
|Lecture room equipment|
|Projector and automatic screen|
|Combo (video, CD and DVD players)|
|Sound equipment: amplifier and speakers|
|Blackboard and whiteboard|
Four lecture rooms. these rooms have a capacity for between 30 and 50 people, and are all fully equipped.
Seven specialised rooms:
- Teaching computer lab: 36 PCs for students, 1 PC for the lecturer, projector, programs
- Audiovisual classroom and laboratory:
- Audiovisual classroom: fully equipped.
- Audiovisual laboratory: 10 PCs, 6 mini-DVD cameras, 3 TVs, 2 projectors, 3 video players, 1 slide projector, 3 tripods, 1 sound receiver, 1 Sony projector, 1 DVD-VHS combo recorder, 1 mini HiFi system, 1 Betamax video player, 6 desktop PCs, 1 HP printer
- Experimental classroom and laboratory :
- Experimental classroom: fully equipped.
- Experimental laboratory: fully equipped.
- Visual arts classroom and workshop:
- Visual arts classroom: fully equipped.
- Visual arts workshop: fully equipped..
- Multimedia laboratory: fully equipped. Its furnishings can be adapted to serve as a multimedia seminar room.
- 2 Music rooms: two soundproof music rooms equipped with learning materials and instruments (piano, xylophones, kettle drums, etc.).
Computer rooms for users:
- User room (1): 14 PCs for students, 2 printers, 1 scanner, programs
- User room (2): 14 PCs for students, 1 scanner, programs
- Open source room: 14 PCs for students, programas
Student Council Office: this room has regular office furnishings, a computer and printer.
Two seminar rooms: these rooms have audiovisual equipment.
Seven research rooms: these rooms have regular office furnishings and the materials necessary for research.
Lecturers’ offices: these rooms have regular office equipment.
- 29 double offices
- 66 individual offices