The training goals of the Master’s Degree in Secondary Education Teacher Training and Language Teaching are regulated by Order ECI/3858/2007, of December 27. They are as follows:
- To know the curricular content of the subjects taken on the specialisation, and the body of didactic knowledge related to the teaching and learning process. For vocational training, students must acquire a knowledge of the professions in which they specialise.
- To be able to plan, develop and evaluate the teaching and learning process, whilst fostering educational processes that encourage the acquisition of the competences of the respective subjects taught. In doing so, special attention should be paid to the level and previous education of students, and guidance given both individually and in collaboration with other teaching staff and professionals from the school.
- To search for, obtain, process and divulge information (oral, audiovisual, digital or multimedia), transform it into knowledge, and apply it to teaching and learning processes in the subjects relevant to the specialisation being studied.
- To devise a curriculum that can be implemented in a school that engages in collective planning; to develop and apply both group and personalised didactic methodologies adapted to the diversity of the students.
- To design and develop learning spaces with particular attention paid to equality, emotional education, values, equal rights and opportunities for men and women, citizenship education and respect for human rights that enhance society, decision-making, and the construction of a sustainable future.
- To acquire strategies that stimulate students to attain a capacity for autonomous and collaborative learning, develop abilities for thinking and making decisions that promote autonomy, trust and personal initiative.
- To know about interaction and communication processes in the classroom, have a command of the social skills and abilities needed to encourage learning and co-existence in the classroom, and adopt a positive approach to disciplinary problems and conflict resolution.
- To design and implement formal and informal activities that contribute to a school adopting a culture of engagement with the environment in which it is located; to develop functions for tutoring and guiding students in a collaborative and coordinated manner; to participate in the evaluation, research and innovation of teaching and learning processes.
- To know the institutional regulations and organisational set-up of the education system and to be familiar with quality improvement models with applications to schools.
- To know about the history of the teaching profession and be able to analyse the current situation, perspectives and interrelations with the social realities past eras.
- To inform and advise families on the teaching and learning process, and on the personal, academic, and professional guidance of their children.
General and Specific Competences
- Know the characteristics of the students, his social contexts and motivations.
- Comprise the development of the personality of these students and the possible dysfunctions that affect to the learning.
- Elaborate proposals based in the acquisition of knowledges and intellectual and emotional aptitudes.
- Identify and schedule the resolution of educative situations that affect to students with different capacities and different rhythms of learning.
- Know the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom and in the centre and resolve possible problems.
- Know the historical evolution of the educative system in our country.
- Know and apply resources and strategies of information, academic and professional orientation.
- Promote actions of emotional education, in values and citizen training.
- Take part in the definition of the educative project and in the general activities of the centre attending to criteria of improvement of the quality, attention to the diversity, prevention of problems of learning.
- Relate the education with the half and comprise the educating function of the family and the community, so much in the acquisition of competitions and learnings and in the education in the respect of the right and freedoms, in the equality of rights and opportunities between men and women and in the equality of deal and no discrimination of the people with disfunction.
- Know the historical evolution of the family, his different types and the incidence of the familiar context in the education.
- Purchase social skills in the relation and familiar orientation.
- Know the formative and cultural value of the corresponding subjects to the specialization and the contents that are in the respective educations.
- Know the history and the recent developments of the subjects and his perspectives to can transmit a dynamic vision of the same.
- Know contexts and situations in that they use or apply the diverse contents. In professional training, know the evolution of the labour world, the interaction between society, work and quality of life, like this like the need to purchase the felicitous training for the adaptation to the changes and transformations that can require the professions. In the case of the orientation pshychopedagogic and professional, know the processes and resources for the prevention of problems of learning, the processes of evaluation and of academic and professional orientation.
- Know the theoretical developments-practical of the education and the learning of the corresponding subjects.
- Transform the curriculums in programs of activities and of work.
- Purchase criteria of selection and elaboration of educative materials.
- Create a climate that facilitate the learning and put in value the apportations of the students.
- Integrate the training in audiovisual communication and multimedia in the process of education-learning.
- Know strategies and technical of evaluation and understand the evaluation like an instrument of regulation and stimulus to the effort.
- Know and apply proposals of training, innovative in the field of the specialization.
- Analyse the exert of the teaching, of the good practical and of the orientation using quality identifiers.
- Identify the relative problems to the education and learning of the subjects of the specialization and pose alternative and solutions.
- Know and apply methodologies and basic technicians of investigation and educative evaluation and be able to design and develop projects of investigation, innovation and evaluation.
- Purchase experience in the planning, the teaching and the evaluation of the corresponding subjects to the specialization.
- Accredit good oral expression and written in the teaching.
- Dominate the necessary social skillsto foment a climate that facilitate the work.
- Take part in the proposals of improvement in the distinct fields of performance from the reflection based in the practice.
- For the professional training: know the business typology corresponding to the productive sectors and comprise the organizational systems more common in the companies.
- As regards the orientation: exercise in the physchopedagogic evaluation, the assessment to other professionals of the education, to the students and to the families.
The acquisition of these competences, together with the specific competences of each specialisation, must be demonstrated in the master’s degree dissertation, which should bring together theoretical and practical aspects of the training received on the Master’s Degree.
- Work in team and in inter-disciplinar teams.
- Oral communication and written.
- Capacity of analytics and synthesis.
- Capacity of organization and planning.
- Skills of management of the information.
- Critical capacity.
- Ethical and professional commitment.
- Application of the TIC in the professional exercise.
- Resolution of problems.
- With regard to the fonamental rights of equality between men and women, to the promotion of the Human Rights and to the own values of a culture of peace and of democratic values.
- Utilization of a foreign language.
- Capacity to design and manage projects.